Thank you to our EBHO community for showing up to celebrate our wins and help us bring in new leadership to our Board of Directors.
As we begin to slow down for the season, I encourage us all to take a moment of reflection. I am reflecting on how to bring forth my own wisdom, courage, and compassion to guide me while I push forward in this movement for housing equity. Next year we celebrate our 40th anniversary and with it comes a renewal of purpose. I’m confident that with our community of housers, it will be an exciting year and I’m looking forward to working with you all!
With deep appreciation,
— Kiki Poe, Senior Director of Membership and Operations
Annual Membership Meeting & Celebration Event Highlights
Last Wednesday, November 8th, East Bay Housing Organizations held our Annual Membership Meeting & Celebration at NIDO’s BackYard in Oakland and online.
Over one hundred EBHO Members — including affordable housing residents, developers, architects, contractors, and passionate community members — joined us to celebrate and reflect on our wins in 2023, and look ahead to 2024.
Meet Our New Board Members
During our event, we voted to elect this year’s slate of new Board members who will bring a wealth of knowledge and experiences to EBHO leadership. Congratulations to Cathy Eberhardt, Aubra Levine, and Christina Mun, East Bay Housing Organizations’ newly elected Board Members!
Shashi Jivan and Angela Upshaw were also reelected to their second and third terms.
Read more about our new Board Members on our website.
Last Wednesday, attendees also got an exclusive first look at our end-of-year report.
This year, we are proud to have impacted policy at the local, state, and regional levels, in Oakland, Berkeley, Concord, unincorporated Alameda County, and beyond.
We’re proud to have graduated 11 emerging leaders from our Leadership Academy program, and to see Resident Community Organizing Program leader Cathy Eberhardt join both the EBHO and Housing California Board of Directors.
Keep an eye on your email inbox in December for our end-of-year recap of our collective work!
We believe that in order to build a more equitable East Bay, we need you to have more than just a seat at the table, but also your voice in the discussion. That’s why EBHO relies on your input and expertise to plan and prioritize our advocacy campaigns.
As a member you will:
- Take action through EBHO’s various committees, including Oakland Committee, East Bay Regional Policy Committee, Faith & Justice, and so many more.
- Build relationships with a knowledge community of 400+ fellow housing advocates with a wide variety of skills and lived experiences.
- Sharpen your skills through EBHO trainings and workshops, including the Resident Community Organizing Program and Leadership Academy.
- Vote on endorsements, Board Members, and other key parts of organizational strategy.
- Get access to discounted tickets to EBHO events including our Affordable Housing Month Kickoff and annual Faith & Justice Breakfast.
- Receive email updates and action alerts about goings on in the world of affordable housing.
East Bay Housing Organizations is hiring a Suburban Organizer to grow our affordable housing resident organizing program in the suburban areas of Contra Costa County including Concord and Antioch. This is a full-time, non-exempt position that will pay $70,000- $75,000 DOE.
For more information and details about how to apply, please visit our careers page.
Thank you from EBHO staff!