EBHO brings together community members, public officials, nonprofit housing developers, residents, service providers, planners, professionals, and advocates. Collectively, we’re building a movement to ensure everyone has a safe, healthy, and affordable place to call home.
Since 1984, East Bay Housing Organizations has been the leading affordable housing advocacy coalition serving Alameda and Contra Costa Counties. EBHO is a member-driven organization working to preserve, protect, and create affordable housing opportunities for low-income communities in the East Bay by educating, advocating, organizing, and building coalitions.
EBHO promotes and preserves affordable housing by:
- Educating elected and public officials, neighborhood associations, faith-based and community organizations, the business community, and the general public about the affordable housing crisis and its solutions.
- Organizing affordable housing residents and allies to lead advocacy campaigns and promote policies that create, fund and preserve affordable housing.
- Building strong coalitions with grassroots community and interfaith groups, labor unions, environmental organizations, advocates for people who are unhoused, and non-profit affordable housing developers to work together and take action.
If you or your organization would like to learn more about affordable housing or support affordable housing in your community, EBHO can assist in the following ways:
- Get Connected: Become a member today and join ongoing committees and events that bring people together to strategize and collaborate for equitable and responsible policy solutions.
- Education: Learn about current innovative affordable housing solutions and policies through our educational tool, The Study Room or attending one of our educational events.
- Take Action: Sign up for alerts and updates about local, regional and state campaigns to promote affordable housing.