EBHO brings together community members, public officials, nonprofit housing developers, residents, service providers, planners, professionals, and advocates. Collectively, we’re building a movement to ensure everyone has a safe, healthy, and affordable place to call home.
Since 1984, East Bay Housing Organizations has been the leading affordable housing advocacy coalition serving Alameda and Contra Costa Counties. EBHO is a member-driven organization working to preserve, protect, and create affordable housing opportunities for low-income communities in the East Bay by educating, advocating, organizing, and building coalitions.
EBHO promotes and preserves affordable housing by:
- Educating elected and public officials, neighborhood associations, faith-based and community organizations, the business community, and the general public about the affordable housing crisis and its solutions.
- Organizing affordable housing residents and allies to lead advocacy campaigns and promote policies that create, fund and preserve affordable housing.
- Building strong coalitions with grassroots community and interfaith groups, labor unions, environmental organizations, advocates for people who are unhoused, and non-profit affordable housing developers to work together and take action.
For more information about our theory of change, please read our 2023-2026 strategic plan.
If you or your organization would like to learn more about affordable housing or support affordable housing in your community, EBHO can assist in the following ways:
- Get Connected: Become a member today and join ongoing committees and events that bring people together to strategize and collaborate for equitable and responsible policy solutions.
- Education: Learn about current innovative affordable housing solutions and policies through our educational tool, The Study Room or attending one of our educational events.
- Take Action: Sign up for alerts and updates about local, regional and state campaigns to promote affordable housing.