We did it! Another Successful Affordable Housing Week!
We lifted up the work of our members at tours, ground breakings, grand openings, and re-openings from Walnut Creek to Pleasanton. With Proclamations across the East Bay, together we celebrated the importance of the work we do together.
We discussed the issue and what’s needed with workshops, panels and resident meetings that embraced the interconnections of our fight for housing justice; from housing’s connection to transportation and community health to the need for tenant organizing and women’s leadership, to protecting our residents from ICE.
We saw the potential for collaborations between cities, faith communities, developers, and tenants for an East Bay where all people have a safe, secure, and affordable home.
Highlights from this year’s Affordable Housing Week included:
- A total attendance of over 1,000 people at 16 events all across the East Bay.
- Members opened / re-opened / broke ground at four different affordable housing sites, comprising over 450 affordable homes.
- Tenants came together in Berkeley and Oakland to discuss new strategies and organizing initatives.
- We released our 2018/19 Guidebook, featuring resident stories, building profiles, and much more! Download this or previous year’s editions and check out our Resource Guides in English, Spanish, or Chinese!
- Over 1,000 copies of our 2018-19 Guidebooks have been distributed so far.
- Dozens of elected officials at all levels of government participated and recognized the importance of this week.