We are part of a growing movement that believes that all people – including low-income families, people with disabilities, workers, youth and seniors – deserve a healthy and secure home, which means a home they can afford with the resources they have available. EBHO members comprise more than 400 organizations and community leaders, ranging from residents of affordable housing communities, local advocacy groups, labor groups, congregations, architects, and everyday advocates ready to act for an affordable East Bay. Together, we are dedicated to promoting quality affordable housing in the East Bay.
Below we share ways to get involved in the community at East Bay Housing Organizations (EBHO). Be sure to sign up for our emails and follow us on YouTube, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to hear about action opportunities and events.
Become a Member
Join or renew online today! Visit our membership page to read more about how you can be directly involved with our events, committees, and strategy as a organizational or individual EBHO member. As a member, you’ll receive campaign action alerts, updates about housing policy, access community education, training, and celebration events. Join our 400-strong network of advocates and get ready to build some serious community power for affordable homes!
Join a Committee or Campaign
EBHO’s Campaigns and ongoing membership committees are a great way to plugin. Our committees are where members hear detailed updates about policy decisions and campaigns. Committee members provide input on how EBHO staff approaches key issues and cast their vote on big decisions. We have committees for Oakland, Concord, Berkeley, Resident Members, Faith leaders, and a Regional Policy Committee. Click here for more information.
Get Involved in your Community
Sign up for our email alerts so you can take action with our members in your local community. Our monthly newsletter and periodic campaign action alerts will have information about how to:
- Support affordable housing proposals in your neighborhood.
- Participate in the community-planning process and encourage your neighbors to do the same.
- Testify and support affordable housing at public hearings and city council meetings.
- Call and write your local and state elected officials. Visit our Action Page to find their contact information.
Are you getting emails from us yet?
Educate yourself and others about the need for and benefits of affordable housing.
- Learn what is meant by the term “Affordable Housing.“
- Take a Virtual Tour of a building built as an Affordable Housing community.
- Visit EBHO’s Study Room to read, listen to podcasts, and watch videos about key aspects of housing justice and affordable housing- you’ll find resources on the historical roots of housing inequity, strategies to build power and enact policy solutions, how affordable homes are key to ending homelessness, stories about the lives of people who live in affordable homes, and resources to understand technical aspects of how affordable housing is created in the U.S.
- Learn about people who live in Affordable Housing communities.
- Learn about how how specific policies impact residents in the East Bay.
Mobilize and engage your organization, neighborhood group, congregation, school and/or union in affordable housing advocacy campaigns. Join EBHO as an organization.