We are part of a growing movement that believes that all people –including low-income families, people with disabilities, workers, youth and seniors — deserve a healthy and secure home. EBHO members comprise more than 400 organizations and community leaders, ranging from affordable housing developers, labor groups, congregations, architects, advocates, and affordable housing residents. Together, we are dedicated to promoting quality affordable housing in the East Bay.
Are you getting emails from us yet?
Join or renew online today! Visit our membership page to read more about how you can be directly involved with our events, committees, and strategy as a organizational or individual EBHO member. As a member, you’ll receive campaign action alerts, updates about housing policy, access community education, training, and celebration events. Join our 400-strong network of advocates and get ready to build some serious community power for affordable homes!
Join a Committee or Campaign
Get Involved in your Community
Sign up for our email alerts so you can take action in your community. Our monthly newsletter and periodic campaign action alerts will have information about how to:
- Support affordable housing proposals in your neighborhood.
- Participate in the community-planning process and encourage your neighbors to do the same.
- Testify and support affordable housing at public hearings and city council meetings.
- Call and write your local and state elected officials.
Educate yourself and others about the need for and benefits of affordable housing.
- Read EBHO’s Affordable Housing Guidebook.
- Learn what is meant by the term “Affordable Housing.“
- Take a Virtual Tour of a building built as an Affordable Housing community.
- Learn about people who live in Affordable Housing communities.
- Learn about how how specific policies impact residents in the East Bay.
Mobilize and engage your organization, neighborhood group, congregation, school and/or union in affordable housing advocacy campaigns. Join EBHO as an organization.