Are you passionate about housing justice? Want to learn more about East Bay Housing Organizations, non-profit governance, and the housing justice movement alongside a great group of colleagues?
A nonprofit Board of Directors is the governing body of an organization. East Bay Housing Organizations Board Members help to determine EBHO’s priorities, high-level strategy, and hold the organization accountable to our goals. Read the complete job description for more information.
For more information, come to our optional (but encouraged) Q&A session with Executive Director Gloria Bruce and current EBHO Board Members on Tuesday, August 30th from 5:30–6:30 PM. Please RSVP by emailing Aziza Crowder at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are due on Friday, September 9th by 5 PM.
After this date, EBHO’s current Board will review applications with the goal of nominating 3-4 candidates for the 2023 Board of Directors. These candidates will be announced in October advance of a membership-wide vote on our new Board of Directors at our annual membership meeting on Wednesday, November 2nd.
Who should apply?
All active, dues-paying EBHO members are invited to apply.(Please note: we do not accept applications from our current funding partners or sitting elected officials to avoid conflicts of interest.)
Need to check on your membership status? Email Kiki Poe at email@example.com.
For 2023 we are particularly interested in applicants with any of the following:
- Lived experience living in affordable or public housing, housing instability, or homelessness
- Experience with affordable housing development or project management
- Non-profit financial expertise
- Connections to indigenous communities, LGBTQ communities, or the disability community
- Experience with working in the public sector
- Residence in East and West Contra Costa County, East and South Alameda County, or other areas that are less represented on the EBHO Board
Board members are expected to:
- Use a computer and Internet to engage in online board meetings (phone call is also an option)
- Read and respond to board correspondence via email in a timely fashion
- Read and comment on board packets sent out in advance of each meeting
- Commit to the responsibilities and expectations outlined in the job description
Board meetings and materials are currently only available in English.
Save the date! EBHO’s annual membership meeting will be held on Wednesday, November 2nd from 5:00–7:30 PM. It’s not too late to get an invite — join or renew your EBHO membership today.
Our membership meeting is our annual gathering of EBHO members to mingle, celebrate, and vote on organizational priorities.
Your membership doesn’t only include an invitation to our annual membership meeting. Members are invited to EBHO’s regular committee meetings, benefit from our network of 400+ affordable housing leaders, and help to develop and prioritize EBHO’s local, regional, and statewide campaigns all year long.