We’d like to close our Faith & Justice program this morning by offering three ways to get involved.
The number one way to support EBHO’s work is to become a member.
We believe that in order to build a better world, everyone needs a seat at the table. As a member you aren’t just a donor — we rely on your input and expertise to plan and prioritize our advocacy campaigns.
The Eden Area, the unincorporated area in Alameda County including Ashland, Cherryland, San Lorenzo and Hayward Acres, is the size of Berkeley. Yet renters have no tenant protections, no mayor, no city council, and no government other than the Alameda County Board of Supervisors.
Families are facing exorbitant rent increases, illegal evictions, and a lack of enforcement of habitability standards.
Tenants, organized by our allies My Eden Voice, are fighting for a comprehensive tenant protection package. Please fill out this form to email the Board of Supervisors in support of their cause!
Get Involved with Affordable Housing Ballot Measures
EBHO is pleased to support three housing justice ballot measures in each Berkeley and Oakland this year.
- Measure M (Vacancy Tax) — Tax owners of vacant property and deposit the funds collected in the City of Berkeley’s Affordable Housing Trust Fund.
- Measure N (Article 34 Authorization) — Approve the future construction of an additional 3,000 affordable homes.
- Measure L (Infrastructure Bond) — Berkeley’s Infrastructure and Housing Bond would raise an additional $200 million for affordable housing.
- Measure Q (Article 34 Authorization) — Approve the future construction of an additional 13,000 affordable homes.
- Measure U (Infrastructure Bond) — Raise $650 million for community services, including $350 million for production and preservation of affordable housing.
- Measure V (Just Cause Amendments) — Extends an existing law requiring landlords to have a “just cause” to evict protected tenants to more renters.