Together, we can build the communities we long to live in.
In the communities we’re building, all our neighbors are housed in safe, affordable, stable housing; the sidewalks our neighbors walk and roll down connect people across differences in age, race, and occupation. The bus, boat, or train comes on time and takes us there and back with ease, children joke around safely on the street as they head out to the quality neighborhood public school, and our elders grow old with connection, care, and dignity, not on the street. This is one vision of the community we are building together. What do you long for? As a member, you join in the project of making these communities a reality through advocacy, coalition, and community collaboration.
Join or renew your membership today.
Do you share the value that housing is a human right? Do you believe that a variety of skills, roles, and perspectives bring greater strength and impact to change work?
These are just two commitments we make in our Mission, Vision, and Values. We welcome individuals and organizations that share these values to become a member of EBHO.
Together, we can build affordable homes for all.
AS A MEMBER, YOU WILL:
Join a coalition of over 500 affordable housing advocates in the East Bay. You can count on East Bay Housing Organizations (EBHO) to be a strong voice for affordable homes, mobilize your support, seek your input, and keep you informed.
- Receive our monthly E-News and action alerts about upcoming EBHO actions or key decisions.
- Shape strategy and take action through policy committees, such as Oakland Committee, Concord Committee, East Bay Regional Policy Committee, and our Resident and Community Organizing Program Committee.
- Build skill, relationships, & power for housing justice through trainings, workshops, membership meetings, actions, and networking events including the Resident Community Organizing Program & Leadership Academy.
- Host an event at our Affordable Housing Week, part of a region-wide, month-long series of events highlighting the key challenges and successes of affordable housing.
- Engage their faith community in affordable housing advocacy through EBHO’s Interfaith Communities United organizing program.
- Submit an article to be featured in our Affordable Housing Guidebook.
- Get access to discounted tickets to EBHO events and trainings.
Share a table with other advocates and decision-makers, expanding their reach and community connections.
East Bay Housing Organizations (EBHO) is a member-driven organization working to protect, preserve, and create affordable housing opportunities for low-income communities in the East Bay through education, advocacy, and coalition building.
- HOUSING FOR PEOPLE FIRST
- HOUSING JUSTICE = SOCIAL, RACIAL, AND ECONOMIC JUSTICE
- COLLABORATION AND COALITION BUILDING
- BUILDING AND SHARING KNOWLEDGE
- COMMUNITY EMPOWERMENT AND LEADERSHIP
- STORYTELLING AND CHANGING THE NARRATIVE