EBHO is looking for new members of our Board of Directors! Are you passionate about housing justice? Want to learn more about affordable housing, EBHO, and non-profit governance, while volunteering with a great group of colleagues? Then please consider applying to be for one of our 2021 board nomination slots.
Any active EBHO member may apply to be nominated to the board. Because we pride ourselves on an engaged and diverse board that represents our membership, our Board Development Committee will review all applications and recommend two candidates who are the best current fit. The nominees will be announced in October and the full membership will have the opportunity to vote on the slate at our Annual Membership meeting on Thursday, November 5, 2021. Please click here for a full explanation of board expectations and duties to see if this is for you, and please fill out the brief application so we can get a sense of your interest.
Applications are due on Friday, September 4th by 5 PM. Questions? Come to our optional but encouraged Q&A session with me and board members on Thursday, August 27th from 5:30-6:30 PM. (Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Online Q & A Session
Thursday, August 27th from 5:30-6:30 PM (RSVP to email@example.com go receive the Zoom login information).
All active, due-paying members are welcome to apply, but for 2021, we are particularly interested in applicants with any of the following:
(Need to check on your membership status? Contact Kiki Poe).
- Residence or connections in East Bay areas currently under-represented on the board (East and West Contra Costa County, East and South Alameda County)
- Non-profit legal expertise
- Non-profit financial or fundraising expertise
- Lived experience with housing instability or homelessness
- Experience in direct service provision or community organizing
- Experience with public sector/government work
- Connections to/background in/experience with Black, Latinx and indigenous communities, LGBTQ communities, disabled communities
Board members should have capacity to:
- Attend 7 board meetings and EBHO events; serve on a committee and carry out other board responsibilities
- Use a computer and Internet to engage in online board meetings (phone call is also an option)
- Read and respond to board correspondence via email
- Read and absorb board packets sent out in advance of each meeting
Our board members will review all candidates – depending on the number of applications we receive, we may or may not be able to interview all applicants. All candidates will learn of their status by mid-October.
Need an alternative way to apply or have other accommodation questions? Please contact Grover Wehman-Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org.