Are you passionate about housing justice? Want to learn more about affordable housing, EBHO, and non-profit governance, while volunteering with a great group of colleagues? Then please consider applying to be nominated for our 2022 board of directors.
We pride ourselves on an engaged and diverse board that represents our membership, so we open applications to all active members. Our Board Development Committee will review all applications and nominate candidates who are the best current fit for our board. The nominees will be announced in October and the full membership will have the opportunity to vote on the slate at our Annual Membership meeting on Wednesday, November 10, 2021.
Please click here for a full explanation of board expectations and duties to see if this is for you, and if so, fill out the brief application. Applications are due on Thursday, September 30th by 5 PM. Questions? Come to our optional but encouraged Q&A session with Executive Director Gloria Bruce, Board President Natalie Bonnewit, and Board Member Shawn Johnson on Tuesday, September 21st from 5:30-6:30 PM. Please RSVP to Aziza Graham at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All active, due-paying members are welcome to apply. (Need to check on your membership status? Contact Kiki Poe at email@example.com) However, for 2022 we are particularly interested in applicants with any of the following:
- Experience with development/project management in affordable housing
- Connections to/background in/experience with Latinx and/or indigenous communities, LGBTQ communities, disabled community
- Non-profit legal expertise
- Experience with public sector/government work
- Residence or connections in East Bay areas currently under-represented on the board (East and West Contra Costa County, East and South Alameda County)
- Non-profit financial expertise
Board members should have capacity to:
- Use a computer and Internet to engage in online board meetings (phone call is also an option)
- Read and respond to board correspondence via email
- Read and comment board packets sent out in advance of each meeting
- Note that all board meetings and materials are currently only in English.
Our board members will review all candidates – depending on the number of applications we receive, we may or may not be able to interview all applicants, though we hope to talk to as many as possible. All candidates will learn of their status by mid-October. I look forward to hearing from you!
Gloria Bruce, Executive Director
Do you need an alternative way to apply or have other accommodation questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.