COVID19: Take Action
Any one person’s wellness depends on everyone else’s. Whether it’s people with chronic health conditions, people without shelter, our undocumented neighbors or people living in detention, we must ensure all of us can access the care we need.
Below are ongoing actions YOU can take to make sure our community is taken care of during the COVID19 pandemic. Each day, there are opportunities to advocate for emergency housing funding, increased resources for people who are living outside, and increased eviction protection and rental resources locally.
The Anti-Eviction Mapping Project has made a map of tenant protections across the US the wake of COVID-19: https://www.antievictionmap.com/covid . Anyone can add policies and petitions to it and also go back and edit them as things change, so please feel free to add updated information if you have it.
HousingNow! Petition to Governor Newsom
“In light of this public health crisis, when it’s imperative that families be stably housed, we call on the Governor to enact the following measures:
- An Immediate Moratorium on Rent Increases, Evictions and Foreclosures:
- Immediate End to Displacing Unhoused Encampments
- Emergency Rental or Mortgage Assistance
- Prevent Utility Shut-Offs and Halt Fees
READ MORE & SIGN HERE: https://www.housingnowca.org/stopcoronacrisis
Contra Costa County Eviction Moratorium:
Send an email to the Contra Costa Board of Supervisors asking them to enact the following at their meeting on 3/31:
1) pass a moratorium on evictions
2) establish an emergency rental assistance program for affected renters, and allocate funds to boost services and supports for unhoused people
3) commit to weekly meetings and strategies for increased transparency and public input as the Contra Costa community works to respond to this unprecedented public health crisis.
Release People from Santa Rita Jail:
Call Alameda County District Attorney Nancy O’Malley today to urge her to release people in Santa Rita identified by other department heads for immediate release. Tel: 510-272-6866
View our COVID19 Housing Policy page to see what housing policy changes have already been made at the the local, state, and national levels.
Do you need housing, food, help getting medication, or other support as you Shelter in Place? See our list of support available during the COVID19 pandemic or our general affordable housing resources page.
Donate to Support Funds
See our COVID19: Volunteer & Donate page for a full list of organizations you can donate funds and supplies to or sign up to volunteer with. View our COVID19: Volunteer & Donate page.