- This event has passed.
Board Application Information Session #2
September 10 @ 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm
EBHO is looking for board members! All EBHO members are invited to apply. Do you want to learn more about the application process? Join us at a Board Application Information Session with EBHO’s Executive Director, Gloria Bruce, and existing board members. Here are two times you are welcome to come ask questions.
Board Application Information Sessions
Thursday, August 29th from 5-7 PM
Tuesday, September 10 from 3:30-5 PM
For the meeting location, please RSVP at email@example.com.
Are you passionate about housing justice and affordable housing? Are you a member of EBHO? Want to learn more about this amazing organization and non-profit governance, while volunteering with a great group of colleagues? Then, please consider applying to be one of our 2020 board members. For the first time, we are opening up nominations to the full membership.
Because we pride ourselves on an engaged and diverse board that represents our membership, our Board Development Committee will review all applications and recommend two candidates who are the best current fit. The nominees will be announced in October and the current members will have the opportunity to vote on the slate at our Annual Membership meeting on Wednesday, November 6, 2019. As ever, members can also be nominated from the floor.
Please see the application form for a full explanation of board expectations and duties to see if this is for you. Please fill out the brief application so we can get a sense of your interest. Applications are due on Friday, September 13th by 5 PM.
All members are welcome and encouraged to apply, but for 2020 we are particularly interested in applicants with any of the following:
- Connections or roots in East Bay areas currently under-represented on the board (East and Central Contra Costa County, East and South Alameda County)
- Non-profit legal expertise
- Connections to a faith community/congregation
- Lived experience with housing instability or homelessness
- Experience in direct service provision or community organizing
- Experience with public sector/government work
- People representing disproportionately impacted populations of the East Bay including (but not limited to) Black, Latinx, and/or indigenous people, LGBTQ people, low-income people and people with disabilities.
Please, email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions and to RSVP for this event.